Friday, September 14, 2007

Flip-flop cake!

Isn't this fun? I had 2 frozen "flip-flops" in my freezer from a baby shower that never happened because the mom-to-be went into labor early! So, I decided it was time to make use of them! I took one to a "card-swap" night last night, and the other I'll take over to the new mom today.



I used buttercream icing with fondant decorations. My buttercream was a bit thin, so it didn't smooth out as well as I liked (hence the "cracked" look in the middle)However, the thinner the icing, the easier it is to spread on without crumbs. It's hard to find that "perfect" consistency and balance... I'm still working on that definition!

I did chocolate cake with a chocolate whipped cream filling. It is easy and SO delicious!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Now i am really bugged I missed card swap! I didn't get to taste the yummy cake! Again, you are amazing!

Burk Family said...

Gina, these cakes are AMAZING! How have you figured all this out? I'm totally jealous. I'm lucky if my bundt cake comes out of the pan with all the pieces intact. Good luck with your business.